Sunday, June 2, 2013

Strawberry Oatnut Muffins

I went strawberry picking and decided to make muffins out of my berries that needed to be used up, which turned out to be a delicious way to use them. This is a mash-up of my favorite muffin - the Banana Split Muffin by the Flat Belly diet people and some oat strawberry recipe I found online. I got it into my head that oats needed to happen, and the addition of walnuts makes them nice and filling for a breakfast on the go. I found a website where I could plug the ingredients and measurements in for a recipe and it would spit out the nutritional facts, which are included at the bottom. So here they are!

1 c. oats
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 c. flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
1/4 c. canola oil
1/4 c. yogurt
1/4 c. milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp. almond extract
1 c. Strawberries, diced

Grease and flour 12 muffin cups or use paper liners. Set oven to 400 degrees.

Grind walnuts in food processor into fine meal. Add in oats, flour, eggs, milk, oil, and extract, and blend until oats are smooth. Transfer to bowl. Stir in sugar, baking powder, and salt until well blended. Fold in strawberries.

Bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and tops spring back at touch.





No comments:

Post a Comment